Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crispity Crunchies Anyone?

Right now I'm working on a graphic arts project were I have to design my own box. It could be any box most people decide to do cereal boxes though. But with nothing else popping into my head at the moment I decided to join the crowd and make a cereal box. So I started messing around with Derek Yaniger's Snappy Hour Vector Art program. And these are the results that came out of it.

I decided to call the cereal Crispity Crunchies because in an episode of Spongebob; I remember Patrick was running around yelling "crunchy munchies" or something like that. So I decided to do a parody of that. The next thing was calling the brand name Yaniger's. I couldn't think of what to use so I decided to use Derek's last name as it sounded fitting and I needed some way to pay tribute for using his graphics. As for the nutrition label I always laugh at and question things when it comes to the ingredients list. So I decided to try to make it as goofy and whacky as I possibly could. You probably did notice the back panel, how it has an ad for a Gryo hook & ladder. I actually found that image off an old Kellogg's Captin' Crunch box and cleaned up the image and decided to use it as it fit the style I was trying to achieve. 

Anyways, this is just the graphics portion of the project. When I get it all printed out and assembled I'll be sure to take a few pictures and upload them.

Deviant Art link for the artwork: http://www.deviantart.com/#/d5h66e5






No comments:

Post a Comment